Monday, September 16, 2013

Versos Libres, translations of José Marti

 
These are my verses they are as they are
I have asked no one to give them to me.
While I have not been able to create
Them as visions in tact worthy of them
My visions are free, fly! I set them free
Some never returned their friendly auras
It’s the honor of poetry I keep.
Slice verses? I can but don’t want to
Just as every person has their features,
Each inspiration is an idiom.
I love difficult pronunciation,
Sculpted verses, stunning as porcelain,
Flying and broiling like a lava tongue.
A verse is a refulgent sword swung
By a warrior who climbs to the sky
and verging with the sun bursts into wings.


Notes:

1. Original at http://www.literatura.us/marti/libres.html


All rights reserved.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment